RES currently has a Director Construction Business Development position open in the Broomfield, CO office
This position will be responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships that will support continued profitable growth in the 3rd party construction business within RES Americas. The successful applicant will lead RES Americas sales efforts focused on renewable energy projects working with a team of renewable energy professionals to ensure successful project awards, customer satisfaction, and maximize revenue growth. This individual will support account teams in defining and implementing effective account strategies which improve customer relationships and grow our business in multiple business lines.
We require a proven ability to manage the sales and business development process, to travel extensively (up to 50%), to manage multiple accounts and sales opportunities, and to communicate effectively.
- Lead internal account teams to develop and maintain effective account plans with targeted customers and select channel partners to strengthen account senior level relationships which lead to increased company revenue in all business lines.
- Research, qualify and track customer project pipeline.
- Maintain and documents account plans and sales activity reports using company CRM.
- Develop effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities leveraging full company resources as necessary to secure award.
- Extract key information regarding customer’s business goals and challenges in effort to introduce new solutions and develop innovative equipment to advance customer performance.
- Review historical sales results, the value created by the business relationship and develop longer term account development strategies to increase revenue
- Represent company at national and regional trade shows as necessary.
- Leadership – provides leadership to sales account teams. Work closely with key management to address resource constraints. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Delivery - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Transaction - manages counterparty relationships; understands acceptable risk/reward on a project basis.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to manage numerous opportunities and relationships simultaneously including internal relationships.
- Self-Directed - Should be a self-directed individual who will meet deadlines and deliver quality products without continual oversight.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the US Utility and Renewable Industry and understanding of executive-level decision making process of utility and developer accounts.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of renewable energy projects and the underlying business drivers for successful project execution.
- Existing relationships with utility and developer clients.
- Knowledge of various 3rd party ownership financial structures.
- Demonstrated successful delivery of projects into construction phase and/or COD;
- Knowledge of interconnection, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility incentive programs, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects;
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA preferred but not required.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Presentation Ability. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication. Ability to present in public settings and provide informative materials and respond to questions.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.