RES currently has a Senior Solar Estimator position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Works with the estimating group that provides accurate, competitive estimates for construction costs and schedules in support of the company’s renewable energy development and construction business.
- Uses standardized tools and processes to prepare accurate, competitive and timely estimates of project cost and schedule.
- Ability to recognize and recommend alternative designs/scope definitions which support consistency, standardization and cost competitiveness.
- Ensure quality and environmental procedures are maintained.
- Understands contract terms and is able to recognize discrepancies.
- Develops documentation of cost and schedule in support of the bidding process.
- Defines scope of work within a proposal.
- Gathers details and maintains current market data necessary to accurately estimate construction, material and soft costs associated with project construction.
- Receives, prioritizes and distributes requests for quotes from in-house developers and from third party construction bids to the team.
- Review quote requirements, works with design team to define engineering requirements, estimate quantities and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Summarizes and puts into proposal form and provides complete project estimate spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with standard construction industry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to drive innovation of new processes while supporting corporate standards for quality.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the construction of utility grade renewable solar and wind energy projects (Solar estimating experience required)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Excel knowledge for estimating and / or On-Screen takeoff software a plus
- Use of HeavyBid or SmartBidNet very beneficial
- Advanced skills in client interface and negotiation
- Ability to travel to sites or for client meetings as needed
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to clearly describe the advantages and disadvantages of various design options
- Self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Advanced experience working with subcontractors to define scope of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of proven utility or industrial estimating experience that includes a proven track record in high voltage electrical construction and solar estimating
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.