RES currently has a SCADA Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Description: SCADA Engineer for Renewable Energy Systems Americas, Inc. (RES-Americas), an expanding Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, and Transmission company based in Colorado. Current projects are contracted and future projects are developing - MUST be willing to travel. Office location is Broomfield, Colorado.
Purpose: This is a junior level control and SCADA engineering position on renewable energy power plants including SCADA design, integration and implementation. Engineering experience with power and control systems, data acquisition, telecommunications and field experience in SCADA, power systems, testing/commissioning and/or telecommunications a plus, but not required.
- Provide controls systems and SCADA support on wind, battery and solar power systems during the development, construction and operations phases of each project.
- Under a senior lead engineer guidance, duties includes: SCADA architecture drawings, fiber optic drawings, patch panel details, point’s lists, control and HMI cabinet, SCADA cabinet, substation communication panel and O&M communication panel details.
- Under senior lead engineer guidance, generate contract documents that clearly define the scope of work and responsibility matrix for all SCADA equipment installers.
- Under senior lead engineer guidance, coordinate SCADA conference calls, deliverables, testing and bill of materials to meet schedule targets.
- Work closely with the client’s team, as well as RES’ project manager, construction manager, electrical manager, and project engineer to guarantee a quality system is installed and tested to RES specifications.
- Perform SCADA system installation inspections on wind, battery and solar power systems to confirm the SCADA system has been installed per RES requirements and tested to meet RES, client, QSE, Utility and regional reliability council requirements.
- Program substation RTAC units, battery system PLCs, and communication hardware using standard SCADA protocols such as Modbus TCP, DNP3 or IEC 61850 protocol.
- Troubleshoot power plant control and communication problems during construction and operations.
- Work will be done both remotely and onsite as needed.
- Generate FAT and SAT testing documentations.
- Support the operations group throughout the life of the facility to maintain reliability of the energy facility on the grid.
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory requirements.
- Understand contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Maintain project and department documentation in RES Aconex documentation control software.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors.Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English; other languages such as Spanish, French or Chinese a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with operations and other groups to ensure that project delivery and quality issues are met.
- Computer skills including but not limited to MSOffice, Outlook and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Plant Networking, Security and Firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Fiber optic cable installation a plus
- Must be self-motivated to learn, energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform function of the job under general supervision
- Willingness to be hands-on and work in the field with engineering technicians
- 25-50% travel
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Science Engineering
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.