RES currently has a Proposal Manager I position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
The RES marketing and communications department seeks an experienced team player to project manage, write, and produce responses to client Request for Proposals (RFPs), qualification documents, presentations, and other business development marketing materials as requested. Primary focus will be managing proposal responses for construction of utility-scale high-voltage substations and transmission lines. Proposal manager will also assist with generating proposals for other areas of the business including wind, solar, and energy storage technologies as needed.
With your submission, please provide an example cover letter and executive summary that you composed for a business development proposal.
- Work on multiple proposals, balancing milestones and due dates.
- Develop and project manage the proposal plan and schedule.
- Structure, develop, edit, and write proposal sections per RFP requirements.
- Conduct preliminary evaluation of RFP.
- Summarize and distribute the opportunity for further evaluation and set-up kick-off meeting.
- Discuss “go/no go” status as applicable.
- Work with sales staff to develop messaging and the value proposition.
- Edit all sales deliverables to ensure consistent messaging and high quality look and feel.
- Communicate with internal resources to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Monitor all amendments and modifications to the RFP.
- Seek clarification/submit RFIs throughout the RFP/procurement process.
- Conduct weekly status meetings. Print, assemble, mail, e-mail and perform as-needed physical delivery.
- Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis.
- Create and manage boilerplate libraries for various lines of business.
- Work with subject matter experts throughout the company to ensure boilerplate is accurate and up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two to three years of experience in writing and managing business development proposals, or sales and marketing communications.
- Able to successfully manage the full-spectrum of core responsibilities independently or with limited over-sight, and consistently solves complex problems to move the RFP process forward at any given stage.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Persuasive and succinct writing style that effectively conveys the company’s value proposition.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, superior attention to detail, and ability to interface with internal stakeholders to ensure quality of proposal and timeliness of submission to client.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Travel required.
- Customer service mindset for both external and internal clients.
- Based in Broomfield, CO office.
- Familiarity with the energy industry with an emphasis on renewable energy, energy storage, transmission, and demand side management technologies.
- Adobe InDesign experience a plus.Knowledge of the development, engineering, and construction industries.
- CRM experience.
BS/BA Marketing, Business, English, or related field.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.