RES currently has a Programmer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
- Develop, test, maintain and support high quality Web-based software used by multiple departments within the company.
- Provide application user support in a professional and responsive manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues quickly.
- Develop software that uses SQL Server databases, T-SQL queries, stored procs, functions, and views.
- Quickly learn new applications, tools, and technologies.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers, and supervisors.Regular attendance is required in office.
- Document software systems (application/system documentation, user documentation and help files).
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor to support the software and technical teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong OOP, C# and ASP.NET Web programming skills. [2 years]
- UI & Web design skills including CSS and HTML. [2 years]
- Experience using Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio. [1 year]
- Experience developing ASP.NET MVC Web applications using Entity Framework. [1 year]
- Experience programming for SQL Server databases. [1 year]
- Experience using Git, GitHub, and/or SourceTree. [1 year]
- Experience using and configuring Jenkins. [1 year]
- Strong testing skills and ability to produce high quality software.
- Possess good analytical and communication skills.
Additional Skills/Experience (desirable)
- SQL Server database design, development, and administration skills.
- Experience developing software for multiple Web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
- Experience developing Web services
- Experience developing for Azure or AWS.
- Experience with Yahoo User Interface (YUI) coding.
- Experience configuring IIS and deploying Web applications.
- Experience developing for Windows tablets.
- Experience with ArcGIS Developer APIs, ArcObjects, and/or Python.
- Experience with Google Maps API.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum development methodology.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in computer science or other technical discipline with relevant software development experience.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
RES Americas maintains a drug and alcohol free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.