RES currently has a Sr. Civil Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: Perform civil engineering for renewable energy projects across the US and Canada.
- Performs lead civil engineering role on specific projects to include contract review, progress tracking, interdepartmental communication.
- Performs and reviews civil site design – reviews, supervises and performs the road design, pad grading, drainage and hydrology, heavy involvement with CAD design team.
- Performs foundation designs, including wind turbine foundations, solar PV pilings and miscellaneous plant structures.
- Reviews, performs and organizes engineering tasks to support development and bids, permitting and pre-construction activities.
- Provides input to contract exhibits
- Identifies and communicates project risks
- Coordinates designs with suppliers, owners, owner’s engineers and other teams, both internal to RES and external
- Writes specifications and scopes of work covering supply of materials and work to be performed
- Reviews and coordinates designs of third party engineers
- Performs construction support – including travel to project sites, technical support, shop drawing review, coordinate with sub-contractors, bid evaluation and project close-out
- Seeks continual improvement with aim of lowering costs
- Works independently, minimal supervision required.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
Internally with Estimating, Contracts, Development, Technical group, Construction team, Executives, Accountants, Procurement and Programming Departments
Externally with Subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, owners, clients, land owners and jurisdictional agencies
Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Ability to communicate issues to peers
- Clear and concise writing
- Civil Site Design
- Roads Design
- Stormwater Management Design
- Geotechnical engineering
- Foundation Design
- Project Scheduling Tools
Detailed Design Software:
- Fundamental understanding of CAD concepts, including AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Fundamental knowledge of finite element software such as STAAD
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Hydraulic and hydrology
- Highway & transportation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8 years of experience
- Registered professional engineer
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.