RES currently has a Transmission Line Design Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office
RES Americas is seeking a Transmission Line Design Engineer to be based out of its Broomfield, CO office.
- As part of the engineering team, be involved in all aspects of transmission line design, providing expertise to the engineering, development and construction teams working on US and Canadian transmission and renewable energy projects
- Perform preliminary and detailed design to support bids and construction projects, including new build projects, upgrades and rehabilitation; in conformance to applicable codes, standards, design criteria, and contract terms
- Liaise with RES construction teams, clients and subcontractors to establish good communication and relationships
- Utilizing PLS-CADD, prepare models, perform route selection, line and structure spotting and optimization
- Perform structure analysis and design of pole, framed and guyed structures, and foundations
- Perform analysis and design of conductors for sag, ground clearances, spacing, galloping, etc.
- Prepare material and construction specifications, design criteria and construction drawings
- Prepare material take-offs, scopes of work, and bid packages
- Manage and support transmission engineering subcontractors in cases where design services are subcontracted
- Provide support to construction teams
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to transmission line related problems
- Prepare and maintain company transmission line engineering and design standards
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of proficiency with PLS-CADD and PLS-Pole software
- Familiarity with NESC and other current regulatory requirements and codes relative to transmission line design
- Familiarity with AutoCad and LPile software
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Skilled in MSWord and MS Excel
- Ability to travel, approximately 10%
- Minimum B.S. degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in design of transmission line systems
- Professional Engineer registration
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.