RES currently has an Site Safety Supervisor position located at our wind and solar projects across the USA.
Implements and monitors the RES Safety Management System to ensure the safety of work performed during the daily activities of the construction on a large scale wind, solar, transmission, or battery storage project sites.
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- hiring outstanding talent;
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Produces a safety culture on construction sites, which will allow all personnel to understand safety is an important aspect/requirement of their jobs.
- Ensures site inductions take place.
- Develops and maintains the safety program file.
- Completes inspections to ensure compliance.
- Ensures suitable work instructions and risk assessments are completed/reviewed/approved.
- Leads accident and near miss investigations.
- Leads safety meetings and produces safety reports for managers.
- Supervises subcontractors, staff & visitors to ensure a clear understanding of site rules, work related hazards, and responsibilities are met.
- Generates weekly reports for management, meetings for staff and general site, work instructions/risk assessments.
- Files all documentation required for the Safety Program File.
- Reviews tool box talks, JHA/JSA's, worker training.
- Instructs the general site on safe work practices, change in regulations, their rights/responsibilities, and their supervisor responsibilities.
- Informs subcontractors, staff, and visitors of hazards & rules.
- Investigates the cause of any accident/incident, near miss, complaint, suggestion, or concern.
- Implements new procedures, PPE requirements, safety devices, or and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Follows-up corrective actions if an accident/incident occurs, or when new hazards are recognized through near miss reporting.
- Advises subcontractors and RES staff when questions pertaining to works are presented.
- Tests works after site inductions to ensure the information has been presented/understood by all inductees. Asks questions related to works, equipment, and tools to ensure personnel are competent.
- Monitors managers/inspectors to ensure RES policy/procedures & regulatory requirements are met/exceeded.
- Communicates site-specific/companywide incidents/accidents, notifications/corrective actions, near misses, PPE requirements, and information relevant to works during site all-hands meetings.
- Approves equipment and PPE to be used on the site.
- Researches current regulatory field blitzes and reports, regulatory requirement changes, PPE, and other resources pertaining to works throughout the general site.
- Assists staff & subcontractors with information relating to company and local regulations/standards to ensure works are completed according to all codes, standards, regulations, and acts.
- Maintains safety equipment (AED, Eye Wash Stations, First Aid Kits, Fire Extinguishers, etc.)
- Revises procedures, work instructions, risk assessments, and JHA/JSA's.
- Facilitates site inspections with regulatory agencies.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Environmental concepts
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- General construction
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
- Fundamental concepts of
- Civil construction
- Electrical construction
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S. as needed.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.