RES is looking for a Project Engineer at our various project sites.
Project management of Utility scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission projects.
- Supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Supports the project in budget and schedule as agreed before start of the project.
- Assists Schedule the overall job with all functions and across all activities between functions, removing obstacles.
- Directs, guides, and coaches project field engineers to ensure activities on site are understood in order to meet the project budget, schedule, and quality plan.
- Supervision and co-ordination of all disciplines for the efficient and safe work output during Project work.
- Establishes processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Performs quality control checks to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan.
- Communicates variances, changes and controls to clients and executive management.
- Manages personnel in a stressful environment to ensure work is the focus and to keep employees engaged.
- Full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contract are passed on to the subcontracts.
- Identifies issues and lessons learned in the field are addressed by the corporate office as feedback to include HSQE, engineering, procurement and development departments in addition to support function.
- Liaises with Client, Government, NGOs, Sub-contractors etc.
- Revises existing or develop new procedures, documentation and protocol for environmental management system.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Integrates EMS into RES Americas Construction, Operations and Corporate areas.
- Performs audit functions on relevant organizations to ensure compliance.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Completes audit functions on projects during the construction and operations phases.
- Insures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
- Project Management
- Communications to include: email interactions, site reports, meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Budget controls, Procurement and materials management.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Contract or Change orders
- Project related purchase of materials / equipment
- National Permits (EPA, Corp of Engineers) as a prerequisite for project inception
- Regional Permits (Gen Const Permit) as a prerequisite for project inception
- Regional Permits (Storm water Management) as a prerequisite & ongoing project activity
- Local Permits & landowner relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Reading prints & drawings
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Internally with executive management, Project Managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to clients, owners, vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Scheduling activities logically
- Development of processes and procedures
- Planning and task direction
- Contract management
- Managing a fast paced environment
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- Project Management
- Vendor and materials management
- Mathematics & Science (General)
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Managing in a stressful environment
- Estimating work efforts
- Presentation skills
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma & Lean
- ISO systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
- Drawing review and comment software
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Must have 3-5 years or more years of experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.