RES currently has a Senior Solar Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Develop conceptual and detailed designs, and validation of PV solar power plants. Support the Development, and EPC pipeline of projects.
- Perform the role of Solar Engineer on assigned projects (1GW+ pipeline)
- Develop and review plant layout, equipment specifications, design drawings, etc.
- Model and Optimize energy yield using PVSYST and other in-house tools.
- Interface with 3rd party Independent Engineers
- Implement cost reduction ideas for PV BOP/BOS
- Implement ideas to improve departmental processes
- Work with electrical engineers, civil engineers, and designers to prepare construction drawings
- Configure and deploy Met Stations at project sites
- Review RFP documents, Customer contracts, etc. and provide advice to other teams
- Visit sites to support project’s needsSupport the commissioning and testing of PV projects
- Follow safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Sound knowledge of PV power plant technologies and design: Modules, Inverters, BOS, Structures, Collection Systems, Transformers, Met Stations
- Sound knowledge of PVSyst
- Utility Scale PV projects (20 to 100+MW))
- DC string and collection design
- PV plant performance guarantees, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and deliver results
- US/Canada PV industry codes and practices
- Oral and written skills to include: Technical writing, Ability to communicate issues to peers, Clear and concise writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Basic level of knowledge in:
- General Electrical Design
- Working with SCADA, Historian - Processing large amounts of data
- AutoCAD basics
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering with a MS degree preferred (or equivalent 8 years of experience)
- Three to Ten years of experience in Solar or Renewable Energy preferred
- PE license would be a plus
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties, with occasional travel to Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.