RES has an immediate need for a Project Controls Manager in the Carmichael, CA office.
RES has an immediate need for a Project Controls Manager in the Carmichael, CA office. In this position you will create, develop, and maintain baseline project controls standards and ensure implementation across all construction projects. Lead the project coordination, contract administration & cost control teams on all T&D construction projects.
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:o hiring outstanding talent;
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Creates standardized schedules and cost control systems for the construction of projects, including regular reviews to identify areas of improvement.
- Provides effective leadership to the cost control teams for development, construction, and operation of projects.
- Manages and motivates individuals to form a cohesive and integrated team.
- Provides effective and clear liaison between engineering and construction teams.
- Ensures effective expediting of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Works closely with the estimating team.
- Conducts post project reviews and integrate recommendations into standard procedures.
- Ensures the safety, and compliance with relevant standards, of all equipment, materials, and services that are procured.
- Encourages sustainability and leads by example. Maintain budgets, including tracking, monitoring and reporting profit and loss statements and cash flows.
- Ensures company standards are followed.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced understanding of construction contract administration and cost control
- Advanced ability to drive efficiency throughout the company.
- Advanced understanding of quality, scheduling, cost, and contractual principles and requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of project cost accounting and reporting practices.
- Intermediate ability to understand and influence stakeholders.
- Intermediate ability to get along with others/team player.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, Outlook, MS Project, and Primavera.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a four-year college or university, or 8 years equivalent experience.·
- Management experience or management certification.
- 10-15 years of experience.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
RES in EEO employer and E-verifies.