RES has an immediate need for a Construction Manager for their Arkwright, NY job site.
The Construction Manager will oversee the construction of 115kv Substation and 4 mile Transmission Line, ensure quality protocols and documentation is captured on a daily basis and coordinate all construction activity related with such work and overhead line installation work.
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- hiring outstanding talent;
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Provides information about site activities including routing, fence crossings, traffic flow, water flow, moving farm animals, and hazards for the landowners on the site.
- Sets up initial layout and site infrastructure services to include water, power, internet and office trailers and required facilities.
- Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees and sub-contractors.
- Provides oversight of subcontractors and communicates to eliminate conflict between all stakeholders
- Creates and implements daily work plans.
- Ensures construction disciplines are coordinating daily functions to minimize schedule delays.
- Coordinates line drops and ensure utilities are routed appropriately around work in progress.
- Identifies potential employee relations issues.
- Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
- Approve invoices for site billing on site services to include utilities, trailers, misc. expenses.
- Ensures sub-contractors are monitored on site by a Company employee.
- Serves in safety function as needed and determines appropriate actions.
- Shuts down a construction site when conditions warrant it, such as weather or safety.
- Drives throughout the construction site to oversee work in progress.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication to include listening skills
- Subcontractor Managment
- Relationship building
- Adaptability to environment
- Decision making
- Manage in a stressful environment
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Construction knowledge
- NYSDEC SWPPP management
- Civil and electrical knowledge
- Fundamentals of contract requirements
- Understanding Scheduling concepts and exceptions
- Understanding environmental concepts Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Site investigation
- Accounting software
- Utility right of ways
- Change orders
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- High School diploma.
- 3-7 years field experience in utility work (Substations and/or Transmission Lines) or heavy construction projects.
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 certification preferred.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.