RES has an immediate need for a Buyer in the Greater Sacramento area.
Renewable Energy Systems Americas Inc. (RES) has an immediate need for an entry level buyer position in the Greater Sacramento area. The ideal candidate will work with the procurement team in preparing, issuing, and following up on RFPs, requisitions, purchase orders, and other required documentation for the procurement of goods for construction projects. This includes managing supplier relationships and negotiating purchase orders with new and existing suppliers.
Specific Duties for Procurement for Construction Projects:
- As a buyer, you will work with Procurement Managers, Procurement Specialists and Purchasing Agents to assemble and issue requests for proposals to suppliers; consolidate and analyze responses.
- Buyers are required to enter requisitions and purchase orders into the Agresso/Sage accounting system and work with Purchasing Agents to issue them to suppliers with appropriate documentation; follow up to get signed documentation back as required under the agreement(s).
- Work with Purchasing Agents to track and expedite the timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet site expectations.
- Report status updates regularly.
- Work with accounts payable to reconcile invoices and make adjustments in Sage/Timberline as appropriate.
- Actively work with suppliers to complete pre-qualification processes and maintain a clean and current database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience with ERP, and or other accounting systems, databases, and reports.
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of renewable energy construction industry and associated field concepts, practices, procedures and general construction / electrical terminology.
- Experience with Agresso, Sage 300/Timberline software systems.
- Knowledge/experience procuring electrical, construction and or utility materials.
- Experience in a purchasing role preferably in a construction, utility and or electrical industry.
- 2 years purchasing in a construction electrical, utility industry.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.