RES currently has a Tooling & Parts Attendant position open at the Benbrook, TX location
The Tooling & Parts Attendant will maintain and control inventory of all parts and tools required for the maintenance and repair of all shop equipment.
- Maintain tool and parts inventory to ensure support of efficient repair and maintenance services and to minimize slot downtime.
- Develops mechanic and electrical skills through assisting experienced mechanics, including field jobs.
- Forecast inventory availability, approximate usage of parts and vendor delivery lead-time.
- Recognize when to order parts or equipment based on stock on hand and usage forecast.
- Accurately record all parts purchased including type, quantity, vendor and price.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Requires repeated bending, stooping, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.Follows other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable in construction tools and equipment; specific medium and high voltage experience strongly preferred.
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to perform in fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and record keeping are essential.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts.
- Basic computer skills as demonstrated by the use of MS Excel and word processing applications.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards.
- Must have basic construction, mechanical or electrical background.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience and training that has provided knowledge, skills, and ability necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a similar or related role
- Valid driver’s license
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs combination of sedentary office duties as well as loading tools and materials onto trucks. Will be occasional travel to vendors/suppliers, other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 70 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.