RES is currently seeking a Project Accountant for our Carmichael, CA office.
RES is currently seeking a detailed oriented, skilled and motivated Project Accountant to manage and coordinate all project accounting functions. Provide support to the Division Controller, Project Managers, and other team members as required or needed. Strong working knowledge of project accounting functions and MS Office. The ideal candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision and work well in a team environment.
- Perform Project setup, maintenance, and final audits.
- Work closely with Project Managers for month end reporting.
- Monitor revenue and costs relative to project budgets.
- Monthly billing for all projects.
- Produce and distribute weekly and monthly job reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of project accounting functions including billing, project budget analysis, cost-to-complete analysis, contract financial requirements, change orders, AR aging, etc.
- Cost and budget analysis skills, including cost-to-date and cost-to-complete analysis and forecasting.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential budget and scope change impacts.
- Ability to handle complex projects and tasks and work closely with the project managers and other project accountants.
- Participation in identification of process improvement and lessons learned.
- Ability to identify value added services to Controller, Project Managers and Accounting Management.
- Flexible, detail oriented and thorough.
- Solid time management skills, organized and detail oriented. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Investigates project variances and submits variance reports to Project Managers.
- Closes out project accounts upon project completion.
- Applies customer payments in accounting system and resolves any discrepancies.
- Participates in special projects, as directed or approved by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related field and 3+ years of experience in project accounting/ controls in the construction industry.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Sage 300 software a plus.
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Experience with energy generation a plus.
- A true team player.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.