RES is looking for Ironworkers for our various project sites across the US.
Responsible for safely and efficiently performing Ironworker duties at the project site.
- Performs tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
- Loads, unloads, lifts, and moves materials.
- Handles slings and shackles up to 80 pounds, 10+ times per day.
- Works on multiple job sites installing and offloading turbine components.
- Operates a variety of mechanical and manual servicing equipment safely.
- Works with various power and hand tools.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Rigging and signaling training
- Tower climbing training
- Tower rescue training is a plus
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Climbs 95+ meters 1-2 times daily;
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Experience working in a construction environment.
- 3+ years verifiable experience as a Ironworker.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home as required.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work: physical.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.