RES currently has multiple positions for laborers on multiple job locations.
Responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at the project site.
- Performs tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
- Performs overhead and underground line construction as directed by the job supervisor or Foreman.
- Loads, unloads, lifts, and moves materials.
- Works on multiple job sites installing underground utilities, road, and concrete work.
- Operates a variety of mechanical and manual servicing equipment safely.
- Works with various power and hand tools.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to twist, bend, pull, push, reach, kneel, and stoop regularly.
- Ability to work/walk on different types of terrain for entire shift.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions accurately.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Experience working in a construction environment.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.