RES has openings for Transmission & Distribution Site Safety Supervisors for multiple locations
Under minimum supervision from the HSQE Director, the Site Safety Supervisor will provides leadership and guidance regarding HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) leadership, mentoring and coaching to site personnel, which includes, but is not limited to field personnel, project managers and superintendents. In addition, inspect working conditions in office and construction settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. Manage departmental documentation and PPE to maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements. The Site Safety Supervisor positions would be an on-site position. You must be willing to travel and remain onsite for extended periods.
- Ability to train and coach field associates to understand compliance requirements and regular compliance obligations for their location(s)
- HSE auditing experience
- Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
- Support field managers in finding safe solutions to work challenges
- Conduct Site Orientations – use of video, PowerPoint and other methods
- Interact and support Client’s safety management personnel
- Prepare applicable content and participate in weekly all-hands meetings
- Manage Substance Abuse Prevention Program (pre-employment and post incident)
- Ensure Project Compliance with RES System 3 LLC, Local, State and Federal Safety Policies
- Manage PPE supply inventory
- Lead inspections of climbing and rescue gear
- Support and monitor critical pick meetings and documentation for relevance and completeness
- Overview of JHAs for content and completeness
- Conduct Field Inspections complete written or electronic documentation
- Provide Tower Climb Training
- Lead, coach and mentor incident management on project sites – Investigation, corrective actions, execution, reporting (with support of supers and foremen), tracking.
- Implementation of site-wide permit and compliance obligations, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.
- Participate/lead Site Safety Committee.
- Prepare and document weekly all-hands meeting topics specific to current work.
- Responsible for all applicable site/project HSE related documentation.
- Dotted line reporting to site Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Support the EHS budget process.
- Create an environment in which employees are looking to the HSE Department for assistance, guidance and solutions as opposed to viewing them as the “police”.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses or capable of obtaining recognized safety certifications/designations (ex. CSP/Certified Safety Professional) within 2 years
- Professional designations CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP, PE is a plus
- Experience with industrial wastewater, air compliance and other related environmental laws and regulations a plus
- Experience with organizing and leading EHS audits
- Excellent oral and written communications, including speaking/presenting before large audiences
- 5-10 years proven experience implementing HSE programs in the Wind, Solar, and Electric Utility T&D substation industries. Preference will be given to a candidate with High Voltage or Medium Voltage construction experience.
- Minimum BS in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related degree, an advanced degree is a plus.
- 5 years’ minimum supervisory experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.