We have an immediate need for Foremen in multiple locations.
This position is responsible for supervising crew members by ensuring productivity, safety, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Is considered and expert in construction activities including: spotting, framing, setting, removal, stringing conductor, equipment setup/operation and all applicable activities surrounding high voltage transmission/distribution construction.
- Evaluates on-site assessment prior to commencing work to ensure that the job is ready and address any concerns.
- Translates general work requirements into a prioritized work plan and communicates it to the crew.
- Assigns tasks and oversees the execution of the work including quality and production.
- Maintains work standards and outlines behavioral expectations to ensure morale, productivity, and safety.
- Inspects and measures completed work.
- Prepares records and reports.
- Recognizes, addresses, and resolves issues among crew members.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to teach and lead others.
- Good communication skills.
- Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Manage differences and diversity at the work site.
- Organize and delegate work.
- At least 3+ years’ experience working as a journeyman lineman in the transmission or distribution construction fields. 5+ years for general foreman.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Class A) highly desirable.
- NCCCO Crane Operator’s Certificate highly desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.