Transmission Superintendent for multiple locations in Texas and Oklahoma
The Transmission Superintendent is primarily responsible for coordinating the site construction schedule and execution plan, administering on-site contracts and managing the daily issues involved during the construction of Transmission facilities, under the direction of the Transmission Operations Manager and Project Manager.
- Create and develop a culture of quality and safety at ALL times.
- Ensure that transmission line structures - including all foundations and required access - are built as per specification.
- Ensure site prep work is executed as per contracts, design, and specification.
- Ensure electrical construction - ground grid, cabling, structures, conductors, major equipment, and protection and control equipment is installed.
- Manage land owner concerns and Right of Way access.
- Input into the execution of overall construction plan.
- Review the engineer's drawings prior to beginning construction to ensure that the project can be built in a safe and reliable manner.
- Manage site environmental plan.
- Coordinate all field functions including scheduling of any required outages.
- Manage QA for construction.
- Manage design change notices.
- Manage subcontractor contracts to ensure compliance.
- Manage the material on site.
- Manage Safety of line crews to the highest level.
- Position requires excellent communications skills, some computer skills, and supervisory skills of field construction personnel.
- Experience in construction techniques for civil, structural, and electrical construction.
- Successful applicant will be responsible for and required to be proficient in construction in both electric substations (energized and green field) and transmission lines.
- In addition to the standard hand tools, journeymen lineman will use a variety of hand tools specific to their job responsibilities: Hot sticks (specialized tools for handling power lines) line stick, wire tongs, also heavy equipment bucket trucks, crane digger derrick, dozer, backhoe, wire stinging equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have 7-10 years proven experience in construction of Transmission Line Construction.
- Must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills and demonstrate effective leadership, conflict resolution skills and the ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify.