RES is looking to hire a General Mechanic based out of Benbrook, TX
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing high quality repairs on heavy equipment in a field/shop environment. Heavy Equipment types will range from compact construction equipment to large size earth moving equipment. This is a primarily field based role, with base of operations in Benbrook, TX.
- Perform basic mechanical duties, including trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair of equipment in the field, needs to be familiar with all makes of equipment.
- Performs electronic engine diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Travels to remote locations for periods up to eight months, returning to base of operations (Benbrook, TX) in between assignments. May be eligible for per diems when traveling, if meets requirements.
- Experience with diagnostic tools, such as CAT ET Systems are preferred.
- Understands and complies with all DOT rules and regulations.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather.
- Works mandatory overtime on a weekly basis.
- Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Read and understand mechanical equipment specifications
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
- Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals and deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Minimum 2 years heavy construction experience;
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Meets and maintains DOT qualifications with Medical Card; in good standing;
- CDL license with A or B certification preferred;
- Available for regular status, depending on performance and company needs.
- Must provide own tools.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.