Reporting directly to the UK&I Financial Controller the role is responsible for taking ownership of core deliverables around month end and supporting the Controller in providing insight and support to stakeholders. There will also be opportunity to work on projects which focus on simplifying current processes and the implementation of new IT technology.
The UK&I Financial Controller is the most senior finance representative in the UK operations.
This role will have frequent exposure to UK Business Unit Managers, the UK finance team and Group finance team.
- Preparation of the month end results including performing journals, balance sheet reconciliations, investigation of budget vs actual variations and supporting the preparation of forecasts.
- Confidently and independently respond to queries relating to month end and full year results to Group Finance, the UK Business Unit Managers and to the auditors during year end audit.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and maintenance of fixed assets
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Support with ad hoc tasks i.e. 3rd party information requests
- Working knowledge of accounting under IFRS and FRS 102
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Well organised with good time management skills and ability to deliver on time
- Tenacity and attention to detail in order to deliver high quality financial information
- Work autonomously and be proactive to meet routine internal reporting deadlines
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Performing month end procedures within industry
- Experience with financial systems
- Working with auditors
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)