As part of the Transformation Team you will be responsible for promoting and delivering transformation into the business to benefit all internal and external stakeholders. You will operate across the business delivering discrete packages of work as part of the transformation programme.
The majority of the role requires work with colleagues at all levels to identify opportunities to innovate to reduce the cost of renewables and create growth. The role will also encompass supporting broader change initiatives and will also require supporting the global business. This will be in the context of ensuring that transformational change delivers the companies mission; to innovate to reduce the cost of renewables and create growth; which enables the vision – a future where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy.
The transformation team is currently facilitating the global change program, called Thrive, to ensure RES has a long term sustainable future as its markets change and evolve. This program is focused on innovation and cost reduction in order to reduce the break-even price (BEP) of our projects in all RES markets and technologies.
As part of the Transformation Team this role will report to the Group Transformation & Procurement Director:
- You will be one of a team of Transformation Managers given collective responsibility for a number of work streams across the business to promote and deliver the transformation and demonstrate meaningful benefits to the business.
- You will support and be supported by other team members
- As the programme is a company-wide initiative you will be working across the organisation, supporting functions and departments to deliver the required benefits
- Member of small central team primarily focused on supporting the shaping and monitoring of the global transformation strategy and taking full responsibility for the delivery of allocated packages of work
- Alignment of company strategies and activities with the business and work stream strategies to target and prioritise the most impactful projects and facilitate transformation activities
- Promotion of efficient and innovative ways of working across the organisation, embedding a culture of cost reduction as a distinctive competency.
- Preparation, facilitation and delivery of workshops and other events in support of corporate strategic goals to embed new ways of working into everyday working practices.
- Developing and monitoring of progress trackers for the BEP reduction and supporting the business units and functions with progress tracking
- Challenging business leaders as necessary to ensure that actions are implemented so that the transformation is achieved and that the BEP is reduced in line with targets and timescales. create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability
- A good general understanding of the life cycle of renewable energy projects and all support functions
- General business knowledge
- Strong Communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Innovative, dynamic, multi tasking
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface and influence effectively at all levels of the company including senior management
- Project Management
- Budgeting and programme management