To support the management of the corporation tax affairs of UK and Irish assets under management on behalf of third party owners, ensuring full and complete statutory tax compliance.
To provide financial accounting support for UK and Irish assets under management on behalf of third party owners.
This role will suit a recently qualified individual from an accountancy practice background, with hands-on tax compliance and financial accounting experience, including statutory accounts preparation.
In relation to tax (approx. 60% of total workload for this role):
- Ongoing compliance with UK Corporation Tax obligations in accordance with tax strategies of operational assets under management
- Complete and submit annual tax computations for all UK legal entities under management, using Thomson Reuters Abacus software.
- Liaising directly with clients regarding group relief calculations
- Provide ad-hoc tax support to clients in accordance with asset management contracts
- Transition and ongoing management of corporation tax compliance for new sites under management
- Improve tax processes for assets under management
- Support the International Tax Manager with client relationship management
In relation to financial accounting (approx. 40% of total workload for this role)
- Completion of periodic reporting packages for wider client consolidated accounts
- Act as a point of contact for asset owners and external stakeholders, including auditors and HMRC.
- Preparation of periodic VAT returns, cashflow forecasts, budgets and invoices
- Statutory accounts preparation (including cashflow and consolidated accounts) under IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102
- Liaising with and management of auditors (multiple firms determined by client sites under Management)
- Maintaining and applying accounting policies relevant to GAAP applicable for sites under management.
Intimate knowledge of UK and Irish corporation tax rules, application and compliance
Understanding and experience of meeting statutory obligations with regards to corporation tax returns
Experience of tax process efficiency improvements.
Knowledge of Transfer Pricing obligations beneficial but is not essential
Group relief management (ideally gained in a practical hands-on context)
IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS102 tax accounting
IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS102 financial accounting
Statutory accounts preparation
Excellent communication skills with the confidence and credibility to articulate messages clearly, both internally and externally;
Excellent customer relationship skills
Strong influencing skills and the confidence to develop strong working relationships internally and externally from the outset;
Microsoft Excel skills;
A team player but with the discipline and self-motivation to work autonomously;
Proactive, tenacious, highly organised and comfortable liaising with multiple stakeholders
Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Good problem solving skills
Ability to articulate financial information to non-finance specialists
Demonstrable experience of directly managing UK tax compliance for multiple entities in a commercial environment
Experience of direct liaison with tax advisors and HMRC and preparation and submission of tax computations.
Presenting tax minimising opportunities for approval and delivering value-add solutions
Experience of Thomson Reuters One Source: Abacus tax, Digita Accounts Production and/or Transfer Pricing software a distinct advantage
Agresso or ERP systems experience is desirable but not essential
Preparation of statutory financial statements under IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS102
Experience with iXBRL would be beneficial but is not essential
A recognised tax or accountancy qualification such as CIMA, ACA, ACCA and/or ATT
Educated to UK ‘Advanced’ Level, or equivalent