The UK Storage Team is responsible for the development, construction and sale of a growing fleet of energy storage assets across the UK. The projects are largely being offered with a O&M and performance wrap and as such there is a requirement to ensure the design and operations strategy of the projects allows the commitments within the performance wrap and all HSQE obligations to be met by the AM and O&M service providers (expected to be RES) The Storage Operations Engineer will be embedded in the storage project teams to ensure all operational requirements are taken into account in the final design and operating strategy, any supplier or customer agreements and that documents are available for the service providers to include in their own agreements and adoption plans.
- Determine the scopes of work for the various activities involved in managing storage assets
- Identify all maintenance requirements for the storage equipment in particular with regards to the performance warranties provided as part of the project.
- Lead on RES Storage E&M safety rules development with support from GEN HV Manager
- Ensure service requirements are deliverable ready for the handover of the first projects
- Work with the Asset Management, RESolve and commercial teams to ensure RESolve is delivering monitoring and reporting requirements to ensure smooth operation of the project
- Ensure all operational design risks have appropriate measures in place prior to handover in terms of the operational strategy and KPIs (including state of health and warranty monitoring).
- Lead on operational matters within the storage steering group.
- Support supply chain meetings and develop supply chain strategy with the Procurement and O&M teams in order to minimise operational costs in line with O&M strategy
- Developing the close working relationship with Storage project teams, procurement, Asset Management and Solar O&M
- Development and capture of operational documentation for inclusion in the project HSQE files for transfer to construction and AM teams
- Develop and lead adoption process of storage assets into the RES operational portfolio
- Decision Making Authority - Making recommendations and business cases on the basis commercial and technical consideration.
· Knowledge of one or more of the following:
· Electrical infrastructure (ideally batteries and power electronics)
· Solar or storage projects
· Contract Management
· Project Management Safe rules
· Contract Management,
- Project Management, working with electrical systems.