This is an exciting opportunity to work in a cutting-edge role within the Renewable Energy industry developing and maintaining software to manage the data from wind, solar and energy storage facilities around the world.
The role includes opportunities to learn technologies in Renewable Energy and to make a contribution to the future development of our flagship SMART product (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool).
Role General Characteristics – Purpose
The Software Developer role is a key role within the SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool) team. The Software Developer role exists to architect, implement and support new software products for RES Operations; in particular this role will support new products for CMS (Condition Monitoring Systems).
The Software Developer has responsibilities including:
- Work together with the Product Owner, Predictive Analytics Specialist and CMS Expert to deliver new software products following the Scrum development methodology
- Choose the right technology, architecture and infrastructure for each product in consultation with other software developers and the Product Owner
- Maintain high operational performance; monitor and control exceptions and application availability and application performance
- Assist the Product Owner with user story definition and estimation
- Demonstrate new features at wrap up meetings
- Follow and contribute to team working agreement
- Contribute to the strategic technical direction of the product
- Deliver work which is applicable to wind, solar and storage assets in all markets
- Support continuous improvement of team tools and practices
The Software Developer will join an established team developing the SMART Product suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SQL databases (including MS SQL Server)
- Testing frameworks (including NUnit)
- Azure application deployment
- SCADA systems and relevant protocols such as OPC
Knowledge / experience
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Continuous deployment
- Object orientation best practices
- Mathematics and statistics
- Experience with numerical algorithms, data analysis and machine learning methods
- Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a technical discipline
- Relevant experience working as a software developer
- Ability to discuss and implement numerical algorithms, data analysis and machine learning methods
- Ability to understand users’ success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
As a company we are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a low carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable.
We work in the Glasgow STV building and also at RES' award winning low carbon global headquarters, Beaufort Court, close to Kings Langley train station. The office includes a locker room with showers for runners and cyclists.