Support Services is a global team offering comprehensive support for renewable assets across the world. It is targeting growth in our market share and profitability through developing new services. The marketplace continues to evolve, so to maximise the opportunities, we need to be developed and implemented new services quickly.
This role will have work in the UK&I region and has responsibility for transforming ideas into fully commercialised services, from concept, through service feasibility (business case), capability development, route to market and handover to the business development team. The role will have responsibility for numerous new services that may be in different stages of development.
- Develop and manage the service project plan(s) and budget(s) to ensure each service is profitable and capability is established
- Manage the cross-organisational team(s), encourage collaborative working and take personal responsibility for delivering the service(s)
- Interact with Support Services management team & department, as well as other parts of RES, to gain their committed support
- Work with strategy and procurement to identify the size of the new service opportunity
- Lead the Innovation Board to gain agreed investment in the each new service
- Lead the delivery of new services from concept into fully commercialised services, through service strategy and business case development, defining the capability, procuring & recruiting of the capability gaps, establishing the process and documentation, developing the marketing plan and materials, debriefing the business development community on the service and, having established the service, handover to the business development team.
- Responsible for the financial assessment of the services and understanding the factors that drive profitability
- Define the service deliverables from understanding the customers wants & needs
- Work with strategy and business development to determine the marketplace analysis and marketing plan for new services
- Develop and present the business case for new services to the Innovation Board to gain agreement to invest our resources in develop the service.
- Gain committed cross-organisational resource to deliver the service(s), escalate when there are resource issues.
- Capture new services resourcing within demand management
- Maintain the Innovation key performance indictors (KPIs) for new services
- Create a service delivery process for each new service
- Manage the creation and readiness of all new service contracts, including contractors, suppliers and customers
- Determine and manage the new service risks and ensure that the necessary insurance coverage is in place for each new service
- Work with the business development team to ensure a smooth handover of the new service or route to market
- Communicate key issues & risks to the Head of Engineering & Innovation, keeping them updated on progress and involved in critical decision that have an impact to the project value to timeline.
- Budget responsibility for each new service, monitoring variance to budget and escalating when significant. Input into Innovation budget reviews.
- Ensure that the service development teams are working in accordance with RES HSQE procedures and relevant legislation.
- Understanding of the UK&I renewable energy market
- Knowledge of the UK&I Support Services group
- Project management
- Business & financial acumen
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communicator
- Strategic thinker
- Focus & Drive
- Managing a project plan, budget and risks
- Procurement & contracting
- Leading and motivating a multidisciplinary team
- Some Continuous improvement (lean) experience
- Confident presenter able to communicate with a large range of audiences, formal and informal
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering, science or business based subject