The primary focus of the role is to support the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, reporting, planning and control of the various projects in the portfolio, provide overall co-ordination of the portfolio and to manage small projects from time to time.
This includes assuming responsibility for specific non-complex tasks / issues. Monitoring and reporting of progress and actions/issues/risks and providing reporting and developing project board/stakeholder pack with the Project Manager.
In addition, the post-holder will support the Business Systems Director (Accountable lead for the Function) and IT Project Manager with project portfolio management, ensuring appropriate project portfolio reporting packs, managing compliance to Project Stage gates and project methodology, supporting risk and issue management activities are undertaken and to
support/create reporting on KPI’s for the department performance report.
The ownership of the global project methodology sits within the Business Systems functions and the role holder will ensure templates and new products are created in line with best practice and continuous improvements as suggested and agreed by Project Managers.
The role will also undertake the responsibility for creating purchase orders and good receipting and actuals reporting with Finance where necessary for the Business Systems function to ensure accuracy of project budgets and spend.
Helps to ensure alignment to RES PMO processes and integration with Business Transformation Programme plans.
The candidate will support and mentor other members of the IT team to successfully deliver smaller projects.
The Group IT function forms part of the CFO function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and regional IT leads and with other functions to develop and implement IT projects in support of RES business targets.
Key accountabilities :
· Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained
throughout the project portfolio.
· Assist Project Managers and Team Members in the production and maintenance of project
· Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
· Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
· Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs.
· Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines
and recording and reporting standards.
· Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams
· Action logging, minute taking and meeting co-ordination for Project Meetings, Workshops etc.
· Proactive management and support for the RAIDC (includes looking ahead and chasing updates/progress from Project Team Members).
· Provide support to Finance for project actuals.
· Raise and goods receipt purchase orders.
· Provide support for project and portfolio governance deliverables, including Portfolio/Project Board Packs, Dashboards, weekly project reporting.
· Deliver for Project Lifecycle deliverables, including Stakeholder Maps, Communications Strategy/Plans, Lessons Learned.
· Provision of relevant management information for input into Project Meetings.
· Set up and maintain an effective project library including shared documentation with 3rd Parties.
· Support the IT function on ensuring the communication plan for all projects is executed and from time to time detail out the communications for the projects.
· Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Business Systems Director.
· IT Project management best practice
· Extensive MS Project and MS Office
· Financial reporting
· Business change management
· Time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills · Risk & Issue Management
· Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
· Team player with attention to detail and experience in project suppor
· Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and operate proactively
· Experience of supporting complex projects
· Demonstrated ability to operate successfully to tight timescales
· Worked in a IT project environment and can provide insight and know how to improve processes
· Projects based businesses
· PRINCE 2 Foundation
· Relevant degree or similar
· ITIL foundation