Renewable Energy Systems Ltd. (RES) is one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers, working across the globe to develop, construct and operate projects that contribute to a sustainable future.
RES Requires a Remote Office Support Analyst to assist in supporting remote offices/sites and operational teams distributed across the UK. RES has many wind, solar and battery storage locations and it is those locations together with new setups that this role will predominately support. Therefore, this role will require the candidate to support IOT/SCADA based locations (industrial networks).
By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the Analyst ensures all incidents are analysed, resolved, and reported back within agreed timeframes.
The Analyst will require a good understanding of Windows desktop, server technologies, VMWare and industrial IP Networking including FortiGate or equivalent firewalls and Cisco or equivalent switch infrastructure.
The Role requires frequent travel away across the UK and Ireland often working in remote locations. This would be quite frequent with a minimum of 2 visits per month.
• General IT Troubleshooting, configuration including desktops, servers and network
• Experience of using service desk software such as ServiceNow
• Monitoring of IT environment using tools such as PRTG and SolarWinds
• Ensure assets are recorded in the service desk software, ServiceNow
• CSCS Card – Desirable
• RSOP 16
Key accountabilities :
- To provide excellent 1st and 2nd line user support, issue resolution and request fulfilment, and deployment of IT equipment to our user-base via telephone, remote technologies, in-person channels, and frequent on-site visits. Ensure all incidents are resolved and requests fulfilled in accordance with agreed levels.
- Logging and completion of service desk tickets, tracking and reporting open and closed incidents / requests.
- Partnering with IT and business personnel to discuss the impact of incidents on products and services. Giving advice and guidance on user impacting changes.
- Improve and enhance the call resolution, user documentation, policies, troubleshooting guides, knowledgebase and internal procedures within IT.
- Contributing to the development of business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident and change management.
- Contributing to the development of service operations to mitigate software, hardware networking issues and work on assigned tasks
- Proactively enhancing own knowledge of new products and service technologies, as well as assisting with the development of 1st line Analysts.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, AD, DNS, Group Policy, Scripting, Windows Server 2008 up to 2016
- Supporting Virtualisation, VMware and all associated components.
- VEEAM and other Backup Tools
- Excellent understanding of WAN/LAN networking, firewalls, switches, routers
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring software, Solar winds and PRTG
- A working knowledge of Industrial protocols such as OPC UA, OPC DA and Modbus TCP
- Familiarity with ITILv3 or related service delivery frameworks
- Excellent customer service and quality
- Excellent logical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritisation and project management familiarity (as a team member)
- Curiosity and a desire to solve technical problems
• Windows and Azure Active Directory environments
• VMware support & administration
• Setup up of switches and firewalls
• Setup of ADSL, Lease, 4G line connections
• Basic Microsoft SCCM
• Exposure to Azure, MS SQL implementation/administration.
• Ability to interact successfully with people in a customer-facing role
• 2-5 years in a service operations role
• 2-5 years of experience and demonstrated understanding and troubleshooting of common infrastructure issues
• Professional qualifications; FCNA VMware (VCP), Microsoft Server OS, Networking (CCNA)
• IOT awareness