The successful candidate will work with stakeholders from across the UK&Ireland business to develop and manage life cycle costs through feasibility, design, delivery and final account for renewable energy projects across all current technologies, seeking to minimise capital expenditure and maximise value by ensuring accurate budgets are set and maintained.
- Development and maintenance of cost database to inform the business’ project economic software.
- Risk mitigation implementation across all aspects of the project lifecycle (feasibility, design, delivery and final account).
- Preparation of project costs
- Customer and supply chain Key Account Management (KAM)
- Contributor to the annual strategic business planning & budgeting for the UK&I construction business.
- Ongoing development and accuracy of financial modelling tools for cost assessment supporting the engineering and construction teams with feasibility stage budgeting and
- Construction phase forecasting.
- Assembly of compliant commercial tenders and contract documentation in response to 3rd party RFP’s.
- Provide commercial and quantum advice / assistance for contract variations and claims.
- Prepare and / or validate estimates for work packages
- Payment / Performance / defects Bonding calculations.
- Development, upgrade and maintenance of project commercial control tools.
You will be a professionally qualified Quantity Surveyor with at least 5 years’ experience with a civil engineering and /or utility services contractor, the candidate shall demonstrate the following Qualities: -
- Effective database management, computer and administrative skills.
- Good understanding of construction legislation, methods and management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to absorb complex information and quickly assess requirements and possible outcomes.
- Good communicator and negotiator who can construct and disassemble commercial arguments.
- Good financial and numeracy management skills and able to prepare clear comprehensive reports in both written and spreadsheet formats.
- Project based budgeting and forecasting of costs
- Risk identification, management and mitigation