Support Services is a global team offering comprehensive support for renewable assets across the world.
This role will have the responsibility within the UK&I region in delivering operational management and support for SCADA and associated, control and communication systems for Clients’ solar parks, storage units, and wind farms (onshore & offshore).
This includes the management of the systems maintenance and improvement to provide the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the Clients’ assets.
The job holder will have to impact and influence the following parts of the business:
- Provide operational support to Asset Management and O&M teams
- Collaboration with RES IT, telecoms, and software tool development teams for improvements to existing site SCADA & communication systems and site integration with RES control centre
- Work with procurement to identify suitable contractors for defined scopes of work
- Be an integral part of SMART development and provide supporting SCADA mechanisms
- Awareness of new SCADA capabilities and enhancements through establishing relationships with the Project Delivery teams, OEMs and industry SCADA providers.
- Influence contracts team on contractual content when establishing SCADA agreements
- Prepare and manage a SCADA, control & communication system risk register for the Clients’ operational assets
- Prepare and roll-out cost effective and efficient management plans (covering the maintenance, repair, back-up systems and updates) for each wind, solar and storage asset
- Manage the SCADA and communication issues tracker and provide solutions for issues, for RES and Third Parties requiring Site data, developing the scope and identifying suitable contractors.
- Assess OEM-proposed upgrades, to ensure upgrades are compatible with RES and Third Party Site access systems
- Provide system upgrade recommendations to Clients demonstrating the financial benefit
- Support adoption (on-boarding) of a new asset to integrate with RES 24/365 Control Centre and RES-developed Software Tools (e.g. Control Centre Dashboards, SMART and COSWIN), resolving Site-access SCADA & data communications link integration issues prior to adopting the site
- Ensure high-level system security and lead resolution of potential issues
- Contribute to contract agreements to ensure solution meets all Parties requirements
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships to ensure success (e.g. Awareness of industry and OEM system enhancements )
- Deliver SCADA solutions to support the development of the SMART dashboard
- Establish efficient and effective processes for SCADA, control & communication
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive operational knowledge of SCADA, control & communication systems
- Knowledge of industry standards and communication protocols
- Good understanding of wind turbine and solar SCADA and control systems (preferable)
- Ability to work in an office and site based environment
- Ability to communication technical information in a clear and concise way to all level of people
- Be self-managed and organised
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Worked on operational SCADA systems both on-site and back-office
- Design and system architectural experience and have been involved in commissioning of SCADA systems
- Understand the interface with electrical networks
- Have project management experience
- Engineering, science or IT relevant qualification