You will work as part of a highly motivated 24/7 team responsible for the monitoring of RES owned and managed renewable energy assets, as well as safe and efficient control and coordination of work carried out by technical and engineering teams. You will contribute to the maintenance and development of Control Centre systems and processes required to fulfil your operational control duties. You will be a dedicated team player with high standards and attention to detail, motivated to deliver a first class Operational Control service.
The Operational Controller will monitor renewable energy assets and escalate technical issues to ensure a rapid response and maintain asset availability levels. You will co-ordinate Asset Managers, Site Manager, Contractors and other people attending site to ensure works are controlled and implemented in accordance with the agreed standards of quality and safety.
The Operations Controller will:
- Monitor & Control assets via SCADA Systems.
- Manage Day-to-Day Work Control utilising Safe Systems of Work.
- Manage site access, Lone working, Emergency response and Incident reporting Processes.
- Interface with DNO regarding grid outages and curtailments.
- Produce and maintain Control Centre procedures.
- Administer system data.
- Produce production and performance reports.
- Strong awareness of Health and Safety practice
- Awareness of Work Control or access control process would be a considerable advantage
- Experience of Control Centre systems would be a considerable advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to focus attention for long periods and work under pressure in a control room environment.
- MS Office skills to intermediate level
- Ability to write and work to strict operational procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in use of Risk Assessments within Permit based work would be a considerable advantage
- SCADA experience would be a considerable advantage.
- CMMS Experience would be a considerable advantage.
- Experience working in a contact centre / control centre with a high volume of calls and data processed would be a considerable advantage.
- H&S qualification would be a considerable advantage.