RES has recently deployed Office 365 as their Intranet and Collaboration platform, known internally as Hive. This new platform is a strategic initiative by the IT department to support the organisational key objectives of global collaboration and standardisation. Hive is now the default platform for all collaboration activities within RES and we foresee it being integral to the business day to day operations.
We are looking for an Office 365 Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the growth and adoption of Hive globally across the group. The successful candidate will not only be technically proficient on the core services of Office 365 (SharePoint, Groups, Yammer, Planner, OneDrive etc.), but will also be able to be work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and to translate them into solutions within Hive. We are therefore looking for a candidate that has a good mix of technical and business skills.
The Group IT function forms part of the CFO function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and regional IT leads and with other functions to develop and implement IT projects in support of RES business targets.
- Liaise with the business to understand their business requirements
- Conduct business requirement workshops and document outcomes
- Priorities business requirements against, business value and organizational objectives
- Trouble shoot 1st line support issues
- Manage relationship and escalation of issues with 3rd Party support provider
- Support business super users / champions
- Promote and drive adoption of the platform across the group
- Identify opportunities to improve the platform and champion continuous improvement
- Stay abreast of new features and services of Office 365 and advise / inform on the benefits and potential impact
- Design point solutions to meet business requirements using out of the box features of Office 365
- Support project managers and delivery teams (in house & 3rd Party) on the implementation of the service and solutions built on it
- Propose and review 3rd party solutions that integrate or enhance the Hive platform to meet business requirements
- Escalate issues as required to the relevant parties – internal IT teams, business systems director, 3rd party support provider
- Deep understanding of the Office 365 core services (SharePoint, Yammer, Planner, Groups, Teams etc) and understand how they can be leveraged to drive business value
- Knowledge of change management processes required to manage a Software as a Service Solution.
- Office 365 administration
- Microsoft and industry best practices
- Knowledge and experience of PowerShell and Office 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP)
- Strong understanding of SharePoint and Information Architectures
- Knowledge and experience of ECM (Enterprise Content Management) discipline.
- Knowledge of business analysis principles and experience in a consultant-type role.
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Risk & Issue Management
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
- Team player with attention to detail
- Adaptable in work tasks
- Able to come up with creative solutions using existing or new ideas in a novel way. Is able to transform creative ideas into practical reality.
- Training and supporting end users and super users.
- Microsoft Graph
- Debugging and troubleshooting web applications
- Microsoft PowerApps
- Microsoft Flow
- Experience of deploying Office 365 into an enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and operate proactively
- Experience of supporting complex systems and Office 365
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully to tight timescales
- Worked in a IT project environment and can provide insight and know how to improve processes
- Experience of working within a project based environment
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Productivity
- ITIL® v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (Desired)
- Chartered IT Professional Member of British Computer Society (Desired)