Reporting to the Operations Manager of Offshore AO&M department, the primary responsibility of the role is to manage maintenance services to offshore transmission assets. By doing so the O&M Senior Electrical Engineer shall ensure that these services are delivered safely and in accordance to specified contractual standards and specifications.
Organisational Context - Working closely with other RES departments including onshore AO&M, Technical, Engineering and Measurement Services.
- Regular communication with RES’s clients and external contractors.
- Taking a lead role in supporting the Offshore AO&M department in the execution of contracts on both client and RES managed offshore assets, including but not limited to: - Managing the offshore scheduled work
- Preparing budgets
- Producing and reviewing RAMS
- Producing and reviewing maintenance plans
- Producing final reports
- Maintaining the asset register
- Carrying out LV/HV operations in line with their current and future capabilities
- Competency and skills to:
- Project manage offshore activities
- Collate site and network information to facilitate effective decision making within the department
- Lead an offshore team in the execution of the works
- On-Call: the O&M Senior Electrical Engineer is expected to participate in a call out rota to provide emergency response outside of normal working hours
- The role also includes the following department responsibilities:
- Support the Offshore AO&M department in the production and review of procedures, processes and technical literature
- Support as required other projects and departments within RES in line with their current and future capabilities
Knowledge - Working knowledge of UK Health & Safety Legislation - Working Knowledge and experience of working under HV Safety Rules - Good Knowledge of HV equipment including transformers and switchgears - LV & HV fault finding & analysis
Skills - Ability to work safely at all times - Technical aptitude for the analysis of complex HV equipment - Project management - Ability to work alone and as part of a team - Capable of working offshore and at height - Physically fit, the role will require climbing/transferring to offshore structures - Ability to use Microsoft office (Outlook, work and excel)
Experience - Experience of the wind industry
- A HND in electrical engineering, or equivalent qualifications but proven - Experience of HV networks (required) - Experience of using Scada systems for the purpose of remote monitoring and interrogation of assets (required) - Experience working in a Senior Authorisation Person/ Authorisation Person (highly desirable) - Previously Senior Authorised/Authorised person with a distribution Network operator (DNO) or National Grid (highly desirable) - Experience of HV systems up to 132kV (desirable) 400k (highly desirable) - Experience of offshore (desirable) - GWO Training (desirable, however full training will be given) - Hold a full driving licence