The primary focus of the role is to support the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of a large project (Project Hive).
This includes assuming responsibility for specific non-complex tasks / issues. Monitoring and reporting of progress and actions/issues/risks and providing reporting and developing project board/stakeholder pack with the Project Manager.
In addition the post-holder will support the Business Systems Director with project portfolio management, ensuring appropriate project portfolio reporting packs, managing Project Stage gates, supporting risk and issue management activities are undertaken.
The role will also undertake the responsibility for creating purchase orders and good receipting where necessary for the Business Systems function.
Helps to ensure alignment to RES PMO process and integration with Business Transformation Programme plans.
The candidate will support and mentor other members of the IT team to successfully deliver smaller projects.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project portfolio.
- Assist Project Managers and Team Members in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs.
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Action logging, minute taking and meeting co-ordination for Project Meetings, Workshops etc.
- Proactive management and support for the RAIDAC (includes looking ahead and chasing updates/progress from Project Team Members),
- Provide support to Finance for project actuals
- Raise and goods receipt purchase orders
- Provide support for project and portfolio governance deliverables, including Portfolio/Project Board Packs, Dashboards, weekly project reporting
- Provide support for Project Lifecycle deliverables, including Stakeholder Maps, Communications Strategy/Plans, Lessons Learned.
- Provision of relevant management information for input into Project Meetings
- Set up and maintain an effective project library including shared documentation with 3rd Parties.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Business Systems Director
-IT Project management best practice
-Extensive MS Project and MS Office
-Business change management
-Time management skills
-Verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
-Team player with attention to detail and experience in project support
-Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and operate proactively
-Experience of supporting complex projects
-Demonstrated ability to operate successfully to tight timescales
-Projects based businesses.
PRINCE 2 Foundation
-Relevant degree or similar