The primary focus of the role will be to scope and deliver major IT projects for the business in conjunction with the rest of the Group IT team. The types of projects could include technology based projects which include business change as well as typical IT projects to upgrade systems or enhance features.
The role will also support the development of project management processes and governance and assist the Business System Director to structure the overall IT change portfolio.
The candidate will support and mentor other members of the IT team to successfully deliver smaller projects.
The candidate will also be an experienced and qualified project management practitioner who can operate at a strategic level, with good communications and negotiation skills as well as execute project delivery activities both regionally but also globally across many countries.
The Business Systems function is part of the global CIO function. The successful candidate will work closely with the regional IT leads and key business leaders to develop and implement IT projects in support of RES business objectives.
Lead the delivery of major IT Projects
- Lead IT project delivery for all IT projects/releases from inception to project close.
- Work with the Business Systems team and other IT groups to ensure business cases are developed and understood and maintained through the project.
- Scope projects to support systems and supplier consolidation working with peers in IT and the business.
- Negotiate requirements with the business to ensure scope, risk and outcomes are aligned with the IT strategy, target architecture and business targets.
- Adopt delivery mechanisms (e.g. agile) to best effect.
- Ensure appropriate resource and active sponsorship are secured and scope constrained as critical success factors.
- Define and track benefits realisation with the project sponsor.
- Deliver projects to agreed budgets and ensuring the most cost effective approach are utilised to ensure success of the project.
Support the development of project management processes and governance
- Develop the RES IT project management approach, leveraging best practice, the RES lean approach to process improvement and lessons learnt from project delivery.
- Develop project and portfolio governance to ensure alignment of project delivery to business outcomes and targets.
- Educate the IT team and business stakeholders in the project management process and general good practice for IT project delivery.
Assist the Business Systems Director to structure the overall change portfolio
- Working with the CIO, regional IT leads and business stakeholders to structure the project portfolio to ensure strategic alignment, required capacity and capability exists to deliver the portfolio and project scopes are aligned.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the portfolio is aligned to the business objectives and the Medium Term plan.
- Make recommendations to the IT Steering Board on all aspects of IT project management to best support the IT strategy and achievement of RES business targets.
- Act as a subject matter expert for IT / IS leads to call upon.
- IT Project management best practice
- IT infrastructure
- Business change management
- Board level verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communication complex issues to non-specialists
- Team player with the intellectual rigor, attention to detail and experience in project management
- Balance demands of multiply projects simultaneously
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of developing and implementing project management approaches
- Experience in working with international teams
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- ITIL Foundation