Renewable Energy Systems Ltd (RES) is one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers, working across the globe to develop, construct and operate projects that contribute to a sustainable future. RES is now looking for an Information Management – Enterprise Data Management Architect to design the enterprise information architecture, across multiple data types (structured, semi-structured and unstructured), balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements.
To work smarter with data, RES has an exciting position available for an Information Management – Enterprise Data Management Architect. We are looking for an analytical, highly organized, self-motivated and fast-learning individual. You will map, understand and model all major data sets across numerous systems within a global organization. The role will assess value, risk and quality of data assets and define the processes to transform them. Your focus is primarily on enterprise information requirements: design, access, usage and stewardship. You will develop a deep understanding of RES’s systems and technology and contribute for the Information and data elements to the continuous improvement of our systems. At the same time, you will provide a single point of contact for data related issues. You will lead the Information and data issue resolution process.
The deliverables & outcomes for this role are:
Plan and Deliver a common Information Architecture across RES by studying the solution expectation and targeted audience; envisioning and delivering standards, tools, best practice and development methodologies to enhance Data Governance, metadata and master data management and other information management capabilities
- Improve the quality and standardisation of the Information and data across RES
- Structured and Common Information and data will be trusted and shared among different business applications and used day to day by business users across RES
- Improve Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction
- Improve Compliance and Decision Making
The position also requires an understanding of emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets (such as GDPRS, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines — especially in Energy Sector). Also included are the development or use of process models, creation or use of information or target data models, interface designs, and development of internal and external checks and controls to ensure proper governance, security and quality of information assets
This is a hands-on role, you will be required to work effectively with both non-technical and very technical stakeholders
Key accountabilities :
- Definition and oversight of the RES’s Enterprise Information & Data strategy
- Translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies, which will then be used to guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
- Develop a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artefacts.
- Map the enterprise information architecture models to package application models, to determine impact or assess suitability of vendor solutions to enterprise information architecture requirements.
- Own and audit of information assets as they flow from legacy, package, or custom development and interfaces to analytical applications, thus ensuring optimal transparency, quality, consistency and controlled redundancy across the enterprise.
- Define the integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types (structured, semi-structured, XML or unstructured) to support convergence of information asset migration planning or impact analysis.Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Ensure timely and appropriate information models exist to aid projects.
- Deliver a data model management strategy in support of enterprise reuse and data-sharing objectives.
- Ensure continued data integrity and transparency.
- Establish guidelines for reporting procedures on the reuse of enterprise information architecture artefacts.
- Coordinate new development activities and ensure they are consistent and well integrated with the established enterprise information architecture, using metadata management and/or a repository to promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Participate in key project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure application designs adhere to enterprise information architecture guidelines.
- Review corporate data sources for new business information and better sources of data feeds.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as GDPR) to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.Monitor compliance and related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
- Monitor emerging industry standards (such as HTAP, Graph DBMS, ESP, XML, LDW, etc) to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
- Establish and execute the Data Governance plan
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions.
- Previous experience of handling master data (MDM)Knowledgeable in the design and construction of information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems.
- Data/information modelling expertise at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Understanding of differences between relational modelling and object modelling
- .Understanding of taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modelling) to less structured sources.
- Understanding of meta-models.
- Experience creating information policy to support effective design of information systems and use of information across the enterprise.
- Experience with various information modelling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices).
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data warehousing development techniques.
- Understanding from a holistic perspective how Information fits into a BW / BI landscape and has an appreciation of various reporting options
Skills : Preferred skills
- Business acumen
- Excellent customer service and quality management skills
- Excellent logical problem solving skillsExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritisation and project management familiarity (as a team member)
- Proactive collaboration
- Curiosity and a desire to solve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse project, program and portfolio needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Passionate about simple and clean information architectures
- Working in a global business and IT Team
- Experience in deploying and maintaining a Master data management (MDM) environment is essential.
- Evidence of hands-on management of activities such as onboarding of new data sets, correction of data issues and linking of disparate data sets as well as definition of taxonomies and ontologies
- Experience of implementing corporate performance management solutions (eg Infor, SAP BPC, Hyperion, or comparable solutions)
- Experience in Information Architecture concepts such as Master Data Management, Business Warehouse, Canonical Data ModellingWorking knowledge of RDBMS, familiarity with NoSQL and Big Data storage systems desirable
- Experience in Asset and Maintenance Data quality of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) systems is beneficial
- Working in project and asset management businesses is beneficial
- Experience in Reference Designation System for Power Plants (RDS-PP & KKS) is beneficial
- Technical knowledge in REST APIs and document-oriented database is beneficial
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study (such as library science), or equivalent related project experience.
Physical requirements and environment : The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The role requires on-site presence 9am to 5:30 am during the working week at Kings Langley with occasional out of hours work as and when required and travel to other offices.