The purpose of the job is to provide consistent and relevant support and guidance in relation to health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) matters to all RES business units based in UK and Ireland.
The HSQE Advisor will work together with all value-streams across the UK to set and deliver business objectives that are balanced in terms of HSQE impact as well as cost efficiency.
Key accountabilities :
Support the Lead HSQE Manager as required to ensure that the HSQE performance of RES reflects good industry practice and complies with relevant legislation, guidance and company policies.Provide HSQE advice to business units.
Undertake audits Assist with development of the HSQE management systems to ensure that it delivers continuous improvement, promotes exemplary HSQE behaviour and provides a commercial advantage for all UK-based RES business units
Review and comment on business documentation e.g. risk assessment, procedures, method statements, training courses etc.
Analyse HSQE trends identified through incidents, audit and inspections and present finding and recommendations to business units
Undertake regular site HSQE inspections, normally once a month per site however this may vary depending on the risks.
Undertake incident investigation
Prepare workshop/ briefing materials
Undertake and or facilitate workshops to communicate HSQE matters when required, prepare written feedback on workshop outcomes to value streams
Engage with contractors and clients Select and review training organisations and training courses both internal and external
Support the business in the setting out competency requirements and to support the development of training programmes
Prepare regular reports to the Lead HSQE Manager
Assess the suitability of suppliers HSQE management systems as part of a pre-qualification process
Be a passionate example to all and champion of excellent HSQE culture and behaviours
Challenge poor culture and behaviours at any level and support others to do the same
Collaborate with project teams to promote simplicity and clarity in our processes, method statements and work instructions backed by clear communication both written and verbal
Knowledge and Qualifications :
· Minimum requirement NEBOSH Certificate or Equivalent
· Knowledge of UK&I Health Safety and Environment Legislation
· Quality Audit training; e.g. UKAS approved or equivalent.
· An understanding of behavioural safety programmes.
· Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills. Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
· Computer literate in basic business software - MSExcel, MSWord, Visio or similar.
· Able to relate to staff at all levels within the business
· Ability to read and understand standards from external sources; e.g. HSE, SEPA, EA, NIEA
· Ability to organise and facilitate workshops and engagement events with staff, contractors and clients on HSQE matters
· Experience in the renewables sector and/or experience of operational wind farms
· Experience of construction or manufacturing industry will be considered
· Undertaking internal and supplier audits
· Experience applying, implementing and developing of Quality, Health and Safety and/or Environment management systems
· Supporting and developing HSQE knowledge of motivating site and office based teams
Others Attributes :
· Willing to travel and occasionally work unsocial hours
· Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organization and team members.
· Proactive approach to improving HSQE management in the business.
· Influence - Be prepared to challenge others on their behaviours in a polite and non-threatening manner
· Be able to demonstrate a high level of compliance in HSQE matters
· Full UK driving license
Physically able to work on construction and operating construction sites (including climbing wind turbines subject to completing training)