To design and implement a Group wide internal communication plan to support business change. Working closely with internal stakeholders, the regional Comms Managers and the Comms Executive, the manager will also coordinate and evaluate the communication plans supporting change across the organisation
Impact and influence over:
Driving cultural change by providing strategic communication support and guidance to the business change programmes
Driving change through the communication of the Vision, values and objectives of the organisation throughout the organisation
Providing clarity of messaging down and across the organisation through appropriate channels
Change Communication – devise communications strategies in support of the change programmes and then work with key stakeholders to deliver them. Lead on all the design and delivery of all key internal engagement campaigns.
Internal stakeholder Management – Consult and make recommendations and create content that will help deliver the communications and strategic objectives for use in internal communications channels.
Story telling - Communicate what’s going on around the Group through story/article writing, plus encourage people to share information themselves and nurture collaboration. This will include building a network of relationships and proactively mining stories from across the business to surface news and information.
Communication plans: create and deliver a Group communication plans to support the change
Coordination: Ensure all communication activities are integrated into an overall project plan and coordinated with other change programmes to avoid confusion and message overload
Support: managers on the cascade of key messages
Plan, write, edit and proof read content for a variety of internal communications mediums
Ensures consistency of messaging globally around strategic objectives, values, vision and mission statements, providing best practice advice as required
- An understanding of renewable technology, with a passion to learn more
- Using a company Intranet and managing content (Office 365/SharePoint)
- Market and customer focus
- Results and output driven
- Strong communicator and copywriter: first class writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees at all levels within the organisation. Also the ability to write engaging copy for a wide variety of employee audience and across mediums.
- Able to manage projects and work proactively
- A great networker able to gain stories from people
- An inquisitive mind with a can do, make it happen attitude.
- Holistic thinker, able to see wider implications of role and output
- A creative person with the ability to design original and engaging employee campaigns and initiatives which support the corporate objectives
- No language skills required, however needs an appreciation of different cultures and types of people
- Experience of working as a manager in internal communications in a large complex organisation, ideally multinational.
- Experience of using communications to support change management.
- Working towards achieving department and company objectives
- Relevant degree preferable.
- Qualification with CIM or CIPR desirable