Due to an increase in demand for project management and electrical engineering support we are looking for an Electrical Operations Engineer who can support a broad range of cross portfolio wind, solar and storage projects supporting the Asset Management and Operations Teams.
The role will support the ‘HV Maintenance Manager’ and the ‘Operations Engineer’ to complete a variety of projects across the entire UK&I portfolio.
To assist the Asset Managers and Site Managers in the Management of the RES UK & I portfolio, ensuring adherence to best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance throughout the project lifecycle.
Supporting the asset management team with the Integration of wind and solar projects.
Supporting the implementation of new services that are developed by the team.
The Electrical Operations Engineer will have an influential role as part of the Generation Operations Team in leading, developing and ensuring the performance of the services that are provided to our Customers. The Electrical Operations Engineer shall focus on ‘Electrical Engineering’ biased projects but will also work across all disciplines understanding the procurement, contract, technical and site requirements related to each project.
The role will promote and enhance the operations team and shall be highly visible role within RES.
- Help ensure high HSQE standards across our portfolio including supplier audits
- Act as project manager/project support on wind or solar electrical projects ensuring compliance and project deliverables are met
- Develop electrical scopes of work/specifications for cross portfolio projects including end of warranty inspections, scheduled maintenance and rectification works.
- Complete routine electrical inspections on a number of sites as well as specific checks across the portfolio as required. Act as Electrical SAP on RES Managed sites.
- Direct supervision of a number of works overseeing the work of contractors as required
- Supporting the integration of new projects into the portfolio, either RES built or 3rd party sites, up to the point the projects are integrated into the Generation Department Quality system and can be handed over to the long term Asset Manager.
- Lead on areas of personal expertise as part of the Operations Team objectives and Manage ad-hoc electrical queries from the Asset Managers.
- Active participation in LEAN development
- Support our growth and cost reduction targets.
- Supplier Management with a focus on electrical services contractors
- Review and establish best practice HV maintenance practices internally and with our contract suppliers. Track portfolio wide service plans and defects to monitor and improve contractor performance
- Support the safety rules application and authorisations
- Develop and manage an HV asset engineering, production and process safety risk register
- Identify how major HV component changes are managed and can be improved.
- Audit HV asset technical compliance including the maintenance of the HV Asset register.
- Knowledge of wind turbines and solar technology, health and safety management systems, quality and environmental management systems and work control procedures
- Electrical Safety rules in the context of Renewable Energy Infrastructure
- HV Electrical equipment and industry standards
- Self Motivated
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Completer finisher
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to travel
- Project Management in an engineering environment
- On Site work management and contract management
- Interpretation of electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews
- Experience of Wind and Solar technology