Renewable Energy Systems Ltd. (RES) is one of the world’s leading renewable energy developers, working across the globe to develop, construct and operate projects that contribute to a sustainable future. RES is now looking for a Database administrator to manage all databases globally across the RES infrastructure.
The Database administrator is responsible for managing RES database and database infrastructure across a global infrastructure. This role will be responsible for review and making recommendations around the current and future landscape and configuration. Ownership and accountability are important to this role. Working with the wider IT and business teams will be an important element of this.
Management of all RES databases
Installation of SQL and other DB platforms as required
Creation and configuration of databases both local and cloud based PAAS.
Define and Manage security controls of these databases
Assess current utilisation and make recommendations as to configuration and capacity
Monitor and maintain system health and security
Monitor backup processes for server and associated data
Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
Create database management procedures
Assisting in product installation & reviewing initial installation options
This role is a strong hands-on global role, as you will be the single resource working with IT technicians that have a level of knowledge around database configuration and management. You should have strong in-depth knowledge with the ability to define policies and processes around the database environment. The ability to identify lower level issues and offer solutions to resolve these.
Must have knowledge of the following technologies:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL both infrastructure and databases.
• An understanding of Microsoft Clustering and failover options.
• Knowledge of Azure databases would be useful.
• Experience working with the Microsoft stack including Windows server, Active Directory
• Experience or knowledge of other Database technologies.
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Proven ability to engage, build strong relationships, influence and partner with stakeholders across functions and geographies.
• Credible and capable; able to quickly build the confidence of the technical teams both within IT and outwards.
• Determined, with a drive to deliver outstanding results.
• A dynamic individual, with strong, proven delivery skills. Happy to take accountability.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - A capable negotiator, both internally and with third parties.
• This role requires regular, predictable and timely attendance at work to meet department workload demands.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience will be required for this role.
• Degree from an accredited university or a technical qualification or certification, with appropriate work experience.
• This role will require an up to date SQL Server MCSA certification.