The Business Systems function is a global function and is part of the global CIO function. The successful candidate will work closely with the regional IT and Finance teams to develop enhancements to the application and will provide the levels of support required and implement IT changes or projects in support of RES business objectives.
The IT function in RES is transforming to become more business aligned and taking a pro-active approach in supporting the business objectives. The key focus areas of the transformation are as follows:
- Cost Optimisation
- Simplification, Strategy and Governance
- IT Capability Transformation
- Strategic Change Portfolio
- Continue to deliver day to day support
- Risk Management
The primary focus of the role will be to deliver the EMEA ERP and other key back office application development and enhancements initiatives. The role holder will need to plan, organise, recruit, structure and develop a team to meet the desired outcomes.
The role holder will be a key point of contact for; Finance and IT stakeholders ensuring that business requirements are clearly articulated and understood and then translated into system requirements, develops and maintains the roadmap for the application, responsible for all service delivery aspects of the ERP system and oversees the implementation of small projects.
The post-holder will be the EMEA IT System owner for the ERP application and will be expected to understand the application technically and functionally to ensure effective service provision from the internal teams and 3rd parties responsible for applications management and / or development services. As well as understanding the applications it is expected the post-holder will develop key stakeholder relationships working with the Business Systems Director to ensure that roadmap of the systems align to the business plans.
The candidate will also be an experienced ERP systems manager, qualified accountant, project management practitioner or ITIL professional, with good communications, strong stakeholder skills and negotiation skills as well as strong project delivery skills and support experience both regionally but also globally across many countries.
- Act as a liaison to the business community. Work with relevant business area to maintain business perspective.
- Actively engage in identifying cost-effective opportunities for the business in leveraging new or existing technologies via business case.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture function to assess current system capabilities and identify high-level customer application requirements, roadmaps and upgrades
- Assist in defining and reviewing new requirements.
- Use the business process requirements to drive out application improvements requirements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Delivery of Change
- Understand the business and their users to a sufficient level to ensure that the application portfolio is being evolved optimally to maximise business value at lowest possible cost. This will include developing kpi’s on adoption and techniques to improve system usage.
- Validate the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the design satisfies the requirements.
- Manage pipeline of change with stakeholders
- Supervise designers or developers in completing designs / manage the implementation of small applications/Business projects.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, designs and performance needs in projects and or large scale transformation programmes
- The role is also responsible for the end to end service delivery of the applications, but will need to collaborate with the Americas ERP Manager, Regional IT teams and 3rd Parties if applicable.
- Participate in quality management and organise and run the service management reviews, ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy the requirements.
- Liaise with other IT teams and supporting third parties to ensure critical issues or outages are resolved and communicated to the Business.
- Deliver ERP application expertise and support to the business using internal and 3rd party teams
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction for their specific business area (s)
- Design, Develop and implement support processes which meet the need of the business
- Work closely with IT procurement on vendor/commercial management aspects of the application portfolio
Assist the Business Systems Director to structure the overall change portfolio and ITIL processes
- Support the development of ITIL processes and project governance processes and assist the Business System Director to deliver the IT plan.
- Working with the CIO, regional IT leads and business stakeholders to structure the project portfolio to ensure strategic alignment, required capacity and capability exists to deliver the portfolio and project scopes are aligned.
- Work closely with the business to ensure the portfolio is aligned to the business objectives and the Medium Term plan.
- Make recommendations to the IT Steering Board and Finance Programme Board on specific projects to best support the IT strategy and achievement of RES business targets.
- Develop, own and improve the ITIL processes with RES.
- Act as a subject matter expert for IT / IS leads to call upon.
- Deputise for the Business Systems Director from time to time.
- Deep understanding of key ERP applications knowledge e.g. Business World or SAP or Oracle or leading other ERP’s, Corporate Performance Management and Reporting & BI tools
- IT Project management best practice
- IT infrastructure understanding
- Application development and support
- Business change management
- Undertake requirements analysis
- Experience of line management and developing internal teams to become high performers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists.
- Team player with the intellectual rigor, attention to detail and experience in project management.
- Balance demands of multiple priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and think creatively.
- Experience of Service delivery and support processes
- Developing product roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to tight timescales and to balance this with an understanding of the bigger picture.
- Experience in working with international teams.
- Able to deliver projects and small changes to constraint budgets and aggressive timelines but maintaining the quality.
- Qualified Accountant
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- ITIL foundation