To manage a number of operational solar farms and potentially other assets, ensuring adherence to best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance, whilst maximizing revenue and enhancing community and stakeholder engagement thorough the project lifecycle.
The Asset Manager will be the focal point for the project throughout the operational lifecycle and will be completely responsible for the day to day management of the asset.
This role will promote and enhance the asset performance and shall be a highly visible role within RES and in the wider community.
The Asset Manager will also be responsible for the management of project budgets and asset operating plans.
The Asset Manager will be primarily responsible for managing solar sites but may be expected to manage other technology types (e.g. wind and storage) depending on departmental requirements.
- Ensure that all operating assets adhere to statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance and comply with project specific requirements in accordance with local authority planning requirements, grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements.
- Co-ordinate day-to-day performance of a number of operating solar and / or wind farm assets. This may involve direct supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors.
- Maintain and develop project specific management tools including; Asset Management Plans, Operating Plans, CMMS, Asset Registers and other quality management tools as necessary
- Contribute to continuous improvement to identify and implement operational improvements to maximise Net Asset Value of operating assets
- Develop strong community relations in the project locality, including managing landowner and community relationships and ensuring accurate and timely payments to stake holders.
- Prepare management reports in an accurate and timely way.
- Health and Safety management systems
- Quality and environmental management systems
- Work Control procedures, all in the context of operational assets
- Team Work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning & Organising
- Attention to Detail
- Asset management experience with operational solar projects
- Budget preparation and management
- Contractor management
- Familiarity with computerised SCADA systems and maintenance management systems
- Engineering/science degree or equivalent experience