The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive administration and support to core corporate applications (Asset Management systems, Health and Safety and HR systems). Including responding to production emergencies; fixing errors; assisting / training users; resolving root cause problems; testing and answering questions, creating documentation of fixes or improvements and to undertake improvements as agreed.
The role requires assisting with services transitioning to Live and assistance with business processes and plays a critical role in ensuring that the company business processes function reliably and correctly and that the SLAs between the Group Information Systems team and the business are realised.
The Group IT function forms part of the CFO function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and regional IT leads and the Business Application Manager to ensure systems are transitioned, managed and supported
Key accountabilities :
- The role holder will liaise with end users regarding the status of logged calls at all stages of the 'log life cycle' from initial call through to documenting call resolution and client acceptance.
- Write clear procedures and troubleshooting guides for use by other support team members as required.
- Participate in multi-team project and development work as required.
- Participate in all phases of the testing process for the development of relevant corporate applications and small projects as required.
- Provide support across all areas of the implemented functionality, and assist in the development of new functional requirements as determined by the business owners.
- Ensure that the first line of support have ample scripts to deal enable them to provide quality service to business users.
- Help to improve adoptions of the systems by providing guidance on the system or training as required.
• Asset Management /Health and Safety systems/HR Systems
• Relational database scripting (MS-SQL preferred)
• Exposure to business process improvements
• Cloud based systems and working with 3rd party support models
• Time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Risk & Issue Management
• Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
• Team player with attention to detail
• Adaptable in work tasks
• Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and operate proactively
• Experience of supporting systems and transitioning from projects
• Demonstrated ability to operate successfully to tight timescales
• Worked in a IT project environment and in a multidiscipline team
• Projects based businesses
• ITIL foundation
• Relevant technical qualifications
• Relevant degree or similar