Reporting to the Offshore Projects Manager, we are looking for a Project engineer working on offshore renewable energy structures. The main focus of the role will be on offshore structures and installation aspects of the projects. The role will include engineering and design management, and includes managing suppliers. Some site based work may be required.
Direct line: Offshore Project Manager
Project line : dependent on specific project organisation
The offshore project engineer will work with other members of the wider team to ensure clarity and efficiency in the following areas of responsibility :
- Overall responsibility in the day to day coordination the activities related to the technical and engineering tasks of structural and foundation packages,
- Preparing tender documents, defining scopes of engineering studies, coordinating tenders and following up contracts for specific engineering tasks,
- Participate in establishing the package’s engineering strategy and budget,
- Establish and follow up the package’s program and risk register,
- Working with other parts of the project team to establish the design basis,
- Liaising with the wider project team and the engineering team seeking support as required,
- Liaising with subject experts,
- Coordinating the engineering aspects of the overall package management, i.e:
- Preparing technical parts of invitations to tender including applicable standards, design codes and certification requirements,
- Assessing technical parts of proposals in terms of scope of services offered and evidence of reliable technical compliance,
- Participate in contract negotiations,
- Review of the contractor’s design,
- Review of contractor’s transportation and installation method statements,
- Coordinating the certification,
- Coordinating technical queries,
- Follow up of the main contractor’s progress.
- Ensuring interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed,
- Ensuring consent requirements are met,
- Liaising with the internal HSEQ team and with the contractor to ensure high level of health, safety, environment and quality,
This role would suit a degree qualified engineer, the candidate will bring experience and knowledge of offshore structures and/ or floating structures, ideally with offshore working experience. The candidate should have some experience in contract and subcontractor management. Knowledge of the offshore wind industry is not essential but would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities :
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate a number of external and internal stakeholders,
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to enable effective discussion and transfer of information between, contractors, team members and other stakeholders,
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and spoken),
- The technical skills to understand complex offshore operations and the ability to exchange with and understand subject experts,
- Ability to work as a member of a large, international team,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The position is based in Paris.
The position will require some travel, mainly within Europe. The position will require the candidate to be able to travel to offshore sites during offshore operations.
Necessary authorizations / training
The successful candidate will need to be trained to be able to travel to offshore sites.