RES currently has a Tower Coordinator, Canada position open
Tower Coordinator is primarily in charge of procurement, data acquisition system construction and testing, contractor management, field installation and maintenance of meteorological towers and instrumentation on wind and solar measurement campaigns
- Promote, enforce, and exemplify safety in field and office environments
- Prepare, assemble and test instrumentation systems.
- Work closely with RES purchasing to ensure that contracts are issued in advance for tower installations, removal or instrument repairs and replacements.
- Visit project sites on an as-required basis in order to commission data acquisition systems and certify that the tower installations are complete and acceptable to RES.
- Interface with the Energy Resource group to assess the need for instrument repairs, site assessment campaigns and ensure that such projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Design/troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems used on meteorological towers
- Produce detailed documentation as requiredData logger programming (CRBasic)
- Turnkey instrumentation project management for RES
- Split time (80/20%) between warehouse/lab office and corporate headquarters (~2mi apart). Warehouse work could be alone if other team members are travelling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience promoting and improving safety
- Experience with hands-on assembly and troubleshooting of instrumentation systems
- Experience with OSHA and other regulations that impact construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent analytical work
- Ability to self manage in an organized and productive manner with minimal oversight once ‘up to speed’ in position.
- Skilled MSOffice and Outlook. Strong Excel skills.
- Detail oriented in all aspects of the position. Able to prioritize work.
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge and ability to follow wiring diagrams
- Should be able to work at heights up to 100m
- ABILITY TO TRAVEL (up to 50%) on short notice. Valid passport required
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass pre–employment and federally illegal substance screenings
- English fluency – French Fluency (Preferred)
- Programming experience
- Experience in autonomously managing multiple <$50k projects
- Current certifications in tower rescue and/or wilderness first aid
- Experience working with Campbell Scientific data loggers
- Proven negotiation skills
- Quebec 30 hour ASP Construction Health and Safety course
- Experience in any of the following: meteorology, civil construction, data analysis, GIS systems, circuit design, AutoCAD, Sodars, Lidars, NEC, photovoltaic modules, Modbus, tower construction, small team management, and/or SCADA systems.
- Education: BS or Associates in related field (Project Management, Wind Energy, Engineering, Instrumentation, Meteorology, etc.) + 1-2 years experience. Other educational backgrounds considered when combined with strong relevant experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While office-based, performs primarily sedentary office duties, however may travel up to 50% to other Company offices, development or construction sites. Incumbent will lift up to 20 lbs and may be required to sit, stand, walk, work at a computer, climb structures up to 100m high, hike up to 10km, drive, utilize off-road vehicles, work outdoors for extended shifts in all seasons.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.