RES currently has a Junior/Senior Wind and Solar Resource Analyst position open in Montreal
A Resource Analyst is an analyst who does analytical works, supports the Wind & Solar Resource Analysis and development team.
- Quality control of wind/solar data prior to analysis
- Early/late phase and simple/complex wind/solar resource assessment in Americas market
- Technical support for transactions and closing projects for all related wind/solar resource assessment
- Time series modelling of wind/solar resource
- Liaison with Americas measurement group
- Adhering to best practice to all the above technical assessments
- Facilitating initial project discussions on prediction methodology and any issues found in the data and/or the analysis of the data
- Developing relationships inside RES to maintain high level of knowledge and competency
- Ensuring consistency of approach to predictions across the group (Americas and wordwlide)
- Maintaining and creating new procedures, tools and templates.
- Wind/solar resource assessment process is desirable
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Lean process
- Knowledge in storage is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian wind market
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- R/Python programming
- SQL Server Management Studio
- ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Autocad (desirable)
- Good report writing skills (technical writing) and attention to detail
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good team player
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to challenge process and priority
- Comfortable with learning new concepts
- Any relevant experience in wind and or solar energy is appreciated
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent level of professional experience.
- English and French language required
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics of this position are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position will require the employee to perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. The incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.