RES currently has an Energy Resource Manager, Canada position open
Manage the Canadian energy resource group. Ensure, in collaboration with the Energy Resource Director, that the Canadian wind and solar portfolio is well maintained and properly valued. Maintain the best internal practices for energy and wind resource prediction.
Leadership Accountabilities: Manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- aligning individual and team objectives to department objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Train junior technical staff with the various aspects of their jobs including internal proprietary software such as WFYield, Layman, noise and SQL
- Engage directly with Energy Resource Director to address various technical requirements of project development of large scale commercial wind, solar and energy storage projects
- Ensure that the technical team is using and deploying the latest wind resource modeling and measurement technologies
- Ensure that the Canadian portfolio of wind and solar project (size and quality) is aligned with company’s objective
- Wind farm prospecting & assistance with advanced development due diligence.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly
- Meteorological mast and remote sensing instrumentation siting for energy resource characterization.
- Wind farm layout design and energy optimization using AutoCAD & ArcGIS software.
- Validate the quality of the net capacity factor and energy yield estimates performed by the Canadian Energy Resource team.
- Prepare wind and energy related reports or data packages for approval and delivery to clients.
- Design & develop new tools using a variety of programming languages in an effort to streamline tasks and improve efficiency related to resource assessment.
- Provide technical writing for internal and external clients including request for proposal and grant submissions.
- Provide technical support to the development and construction teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on wind & energy related requests (i.e. translating and mapping coordinates, developing preliminary wind turbine layouts, mapping project infrastructure designs, etc).
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, ALTA surveys, etc.
- Create maps and graphs using GIS software or related software for project development.
- Create and maintain SQL databases consisting of a variety of geospatial datasets.
- Complete wind & energy related statistical analyses using MS Excel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Global Mapper
- SQL Server Management Studio (or similar)
- Visual Basic, C++, C# or Python programming
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work & learn independently
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or eight years equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of the Canadian wind market
- French language required
- Must be able to work in Canada (obtain Visa) before December 10th 2017
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics of this position are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position will require the employee to perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. The incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.