RES currently has a Development Manager II, Canada
Development Manager II (Canada) for Renewable Energy Systems is responsible for day-to-day aspects of project development, from site prospecting through commencement of construction. The focus of this position will be to help screen, identify, secure and develop profitable site opportunities to meet RES development goals.
- Responsible for site identification by working with wind /solar resource and transmission teams to apply fundamental site criteria (land ownership, wind resource, access to existing transmission lines, constructability, etc.)
- Works closely with energy resource engineers to identify optimum project sites and develops land acquisition strategies
- Works closely with legal counsel and senior members of the development team to draft land-rights documents
- Represents Company in community settings and in front of large landowner groups
- Manages land acquisition consultants and other temporary contractors
- Participates in environmental and permitting work
- Participates in transmission/interconnection process
- Identifies business opportunities and helps form relationships with key utilities and other potential clients within a region
- Works with landowners and energy resource engineers to get "met mast's" permitted and installed
- Works with finance team to assess viability of emerging opportunities.
- Manages all aspects of the land-rights acquisition process.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory requirements
- Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies
- Responsible to ensure SAFETY requirements must be met
- Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Stay current with professional and industrial best practices
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced experience in project development or real estate, land acquisition equivalent industry experience.
- Advanced skills in successfully managing the full-spectrum of core responsibilities independently or with limited over-sight
- Advanced skills in working independently or with limited oversight
- Advanced skills in solving complex problems
- Intermediate skills in managing land acquisition through financial closing activity
- Advanced skills in managing client interactions and delivering on time cost effective projects
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Advanced skills in MSOffice and Outlook.
- Bilingual French / English
- Location: Montreal, negotiable
- BS/BA Business, Management or related field
- Work equivalency – minimum 8 years
- 5 years of experience in project development, energy or real estate, land acquisition in equivalent industry
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.