RES currently has an Electrical Manager I position open for it's sites in Ontario
Manage the daily activities of the electrical construction on a large scale wind, solar, transmission project sites.
Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- hiring outstanding talent;
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages and trains staff on electrical Safety procedures.
- Manages all electrical drawings from start to finish of project.
- Reviews and redlines all drawings, specs, Safety procedures for compliance and correctness with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Engineers, ESA safety authority and code.
- Manages and documents electrical paperwork and submittals.
- Manages Safety, daily weekly, complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and compliance paperwork with sub-contractor Safety.
- Manages electrical sub-contractor duties on site, ensuring building compliance as per drawings, specs and Electrical Safety, Electrical Code.
- Learns to interfaces between client, Company, and subcontractors.
- Provides subcontractor assistance with drawing interpretation.
- Reviews daily construction schedule for electrical work, advising of changes or adjustments.
- Participates in the plan the day and safety review meetings.
- Submits of daily and weekly contractor progress for internal and client communications.
- Inspects subcontractor workmanship and code compliance.
- Reduces subcontractor billable numbers as appropriate.
- Provides information for change order items.
- Tracks deliverables on site.
- Completes and submit daily paperwork for site activities.
- Participates in Construction and Plan of Day (POD) meetings.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge in:
- Internal with Engineering, site teams, corporate office
- Externally with sub-contractors, vendors, clients, utilities
- Relationship building
- Time management
- Supervisory Skills
- Safety Training
- High Voltage Safety
- Blue Print Reading
- Lock Out / Tag Out
Intermediate knowledge in:
- Construction management
- Constructability knowledge
- Collection Systems
- Transmission Lines
- Electrical Installation
- Electrical Review
- Electrical Meters
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Permitting
- Electrical Code
- Drawing Review and Control
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (or equivalent 8 years of experience)
- 5-10 years of experience to include 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be a Resident of Ontario
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.